Education is the primary tool available to ensure that future generations uphold the practices and values that we’ve learned to appreciate. The Wagon Wheel Ranch and Sul Ross State University are partnering to create the most impactful equine educational initiative in the world.
We intend to help college students work, grow, and learn in a real-world ranching environment. Ranching characteristics of grit, patience, commitment, and care will transform these students’ lives forever. Now, with your help, this treasured herd of Quarter Horses will become a critical component to a unique equine program at Sul Ross University.
The students who stand to benefit from this gift from the Fred G. Gist Memorial Foundation are among the nation’s brightest, but they have faced their own challenges. Many are first-generation college students within their families and a large portion of them are from low socio-economic environments. This program is set to jettison them to another level within the equine industry through the rapidly growing ranch horse market through courses in genetics, reproduction, training, and conditioning.
More benefits of the Sul Ross Equine Program will be:
- This program will prepare the next generation of equine scientists and industry leaders by combining modern approaches and state-of-the-art technology with respect for, and commitment to, our strong ranching heritage.
- With this new initiative, centered around the Wagon Wheel Ranch Breeding Program, we will be able to offer unprecedented learning experiences for students.
- The Foundation Bloodlines and current breeding program will live on in perpetuity.
- Students taking a stake in the care and development of the American Quarter Horse ensures the future of the Quarter Horse is bright.
- The expanded facilities will create a local attraction for visitors from around the world.
- This program will empower a smaller school within the Texas University System to support an under-served community.
- Enormous research possibilities and collaborative projects will develop in public-private partnerships.
And with your support, all of this will happen!
If you are the type of person who really cares about America’s horse-drawn history and learning from our past to improve upon our future, then we NEED YOUR support.
If you care deeply about transforming the lives of others in big ways, then we NEED your support.
If you value providing unique learning experiences that can influence the path of future generations, then we most certainly NEED your support.
The bottom line is, if you care about preserving and promoting OUR heritage, then we need your help now!
Join us in preserving a Texas treasure and investing in our future!